Gary/Chicago International Airport Program Management
Gary/Chicago International Airport embarked on a $166 million program to extend the runway at Gary/Chicago International Airport. The program consisted of issuing 20 construction contracts to relocate two miles of railroad tracks for Canadian National Railroad, construction of an overpass on Airport Road, construction of an overpass for train traffic, and the construction of a 1/4 mile long box culvert to support train traffic and work associated with extending the runway.
The program required heavy coordination with various utilities and railroads to relocate several high tension power lines, gas, oil, and communication lines.
Ardmore Roderick’s tasks included:
- Developing and implementing the program schedule, budget, bid packages, and procedures
- Obtaining railroad agreements from CN, CSX and NS
- Preparation and implementation of the utility agreements
- Negotiation of all contracts and program/project changes
- Issuing and coordinating:
- 20 design packages
- 2 Construction Management contracts
- 20 Construction contracts