The Project Engineer is responsible for managing assigned capital projects included in a multi-billion-dollar capital program at O’Hare International Airport. For his/her assigned projects, the Project Manager (PM) will have oversight of project development, design management, coordination with stakeholders, schedule management, client interface and reporting, cost management, procurement functions, coordination with utility companies and regulatory agencies, contract administration, risk management, project interfaces, business continuity coordination, construction management, and other tasks as designed.
The PM will be supported by the Program Design Manager and their technical staff, the Program Controls Manager, the Program Contracts Manager, the Program Construction Manager, the Program Utility Coordinator, other Program resources as required and all related staff. The PM’s assignments will vary depending on Program requirements.
Typical PM assignments will include one or more of the following project types: taxiways, runways, aircraft aprons, infrastructure systems, roadways, bridges, terminals and concourses, parking facilities, heating and cooling facilities, airfield fueling, and ancillary facilities required to support Airport operations at one of the world’s busiest airports. The PM will report directly to his/her designated Senior Project Manager.
- Engineering or construction management degree
- PE preferred EIT required
- Minimum of 5 years project management/design management/construction management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record managing multiple design and construction disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and architectural projects
- Ability to demonstrate experience with all aspects of project management including scheduling, cost controls, stakeholder management, risk analysis, design and construction management, problem resolution, and oral and written presentations
- Aviation experience a plus
Ardmore Roderick offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to significantly impact the development of our rapidly growing firm.