Ardmore Roderick is currently seeking a Civil Design Assistant to assist multiple departments, focusing on developing and maintaining the Illinois Tollway CAD standards and criteria requirements. This will be a full-time position and will be part of the Illinois Tollway General Engineering Consultant (GEC) project team. This position will be based out the Tollway’s Annex Office in Lisle, Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with and assist the GEC CADD/3D/CIM Manager, Design Management Team Lead and other professionals.
• Develop and maintain Illinois Tollway CAD standards manual and Microstation workspace.
• Optimize a Bentley Workspace platform to distribute data for developed for the Design Section Engineers’ (DSE) efficiency.
• Update Illinois Tollway standard drawings, base sheets, improvement records and systemwide CAD database.
• Assist in mentoring and training Illinois Tollway and GEC staff CADD users in Open Roads, 3D/CIM design and review, Projectwise, and the latest technology updates including Open Roads Designer, etc.
• Provide competency in CADD (Microstation) and document control (Projectwise) to support development, planning, transportation or other technical services.
• Coordinate with Illinois Tollway IT personnel to provide and maintain access to Microstation and Projectwise for Tollway employees as needed.
• Develop 3D design and review methods for consultant designers and Tollway reviewers.
• With the supervision of an engineer, prepare Tollway related, structural, civil, traffic, drainage, electrical, ITS, utility, survey and construction drawings.
• With the supervision of an engineer, perform design and quantity calculations.
• Prepare layouts, drawings, and design from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings.
• Create and maintain paperless design review sessions within Bluebeam, and coordinate with DSEs through eBuilder regarding these Design Milestone Reviews.
• Bachelor of Science degree from a fully-accredited university
• Licensed Engineering Intern or will obtain such licensing within one year of hire
• Minimum 3 to 8 years CADD (Microstation) experience
• Can demonstrate proficiency in Bentley Open Roads, Inroads and Projectwise. (A test may be required to be performed to assess these skills)
• Prior experience with highway design projects and 3D/CIM design
• Prior experience with roadway design including horizontal and vertical geometrics, drainage design, utility design, etc.
• Motivated to be a leader, mentor and teacher
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work within a program team and cultivate professional relationships within the team and with the client. Prior experience with projects for the Illinois Tollway a plus.
• Open to developing innovative solutions to serve the clients and grow professionally
Ardmore Roderick offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes health, dental and vision insurance, as well as participation in a 401k. This is an opportunity to join a project team involved with a multi-billion dollar transportation program for northeast Illinois. If you are looking for the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and impact the development of a rapidly growing engineering firm, apply through our website.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Please note applicants must be willing to undergo a background check and drug test, in accordance with local law/regulations. Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately. Ardmore Roderick does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Ardmore Roderick does not support or provide Optional Practical Training (OPT)