Architectural Advanced Planner requires advanced planning experience of high complexity and variety. Ability to lead or be significantly involved with larger, more complex planning assignments. Exercise a great independence and judgment, receiving general supervision from senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage planning, design and construction of building projects.
- Develop and implement master plans for building projects including new construction or major renovations.
- Coordinate with management to determine project priorities and develop project scope.
- Review new project details and make recommendations if needed.
- Provide design review and support for the proposed projects.
- Assist project team in developing layouts and pre-design concepts, design drawings, specifications and documents.
- Develop and implement standard specifications for construction finishes.
- Address issues/inquiries related to space utilization, square footages, cost estimates, finishes, etc.
- Maintain broad knowledge of latest architectural trends, facilities management and office layouts.
- Performs advanced professional work related to variety of planning assignments
- Manages complex planning studies, development applications and reviews proposals
- Develops project budgets, administers bidding process, verifies contract expenditures and compliance
- Performs field inspections to gather data relevant to the development review process and/or to verify that development projects comply with approved plans
- Schedules and conducts meetings with client and project team
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices & techniques of planning
- Knowledge and experience in office layout and facilities management
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection
- Knowledge of effective writing techniques
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, and Internet application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with client or other decision-makers
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well-defined planning problems
- Group facilitation skills for use with community workshops
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management
- Ability to manage projects effectively and meet firm deadlines
If you are looking for the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and can thrive in an independent environment, this may be the position for you. Ardmore Roderick offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to significantly impact the development of our rapidly growing firm. Please submit your resume to TalentAcquisition@ardmoreroderick.com with Architectural Advanced Planner – (Orlando, FL) in the subject line.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Please note applicants must be willing to undergo a background check and drug test, in accordance with local law/regulations. Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately. Ardmore Roderick does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Ardmore Roderick does not support or provide Optional Practical Training (OPT)